Problem with mouse during high CPU load

Alexander Best arundel at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 20 13:14:36 UTC 2011

On Fri Mar 18 11, Warren Block wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Alexander Best wrote:

> >>I'm curious, can you reproduce it without moused(8), i.e. specifying
> >>/dev/umsN in xorg.conf rather than /dev/sysmouse.
> >
> >wow that worked. :)
> >
> >i've set my mouse to /dev/ums0 and set Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off",
> >because
> >without that line i couldn't use the mouse.
>
> Please use Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off" if you want to disable hal
> hotplugging in xorg.conf: http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/aei.html
>
> >even with very fast movements i don't get any random clicks anymore.
> >although
> >this a solution works for X, for the console the only way to use a mouse is
> >moused(8).
>
> Yes, but moused is autostarted for USB mice by
> moused_nondefault_enable="YES" in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

ahh. so putting moused_nondefault_enable="NO" in my rc.conf should prevent
moused(8) from starting?

i suspect moused(8) can't handle the amount of input that get produced by newer
usb mice with a high input rate. maybe some buffer is too small. i don't think
this is a usb issue.

i'll take a look at moused(8) and see if i can find where the problem occurs.

cheers.
alex

--
a13x