Off-Topic: question about usb-hub power

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at ddteam.net
Thu Jul 21 21:29:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I don't know which chip used in your D-Link hub Uffe, but I believe
this one made with respect of standard.

Uffe, can You do simple test with your device:
1. connect your device to active PC and check if it charging.
2. put your PC in StandBy or PowerOff mode(don't remove power cord),
reattach your device and also check if device still charging.

In both cases most devices will continue charging, but some "smart"
device in second case disable charging. (my Sony PRS-600)

I was trying to charge my PRS with power supply with USB connector, and
reader don't start charging. So charging can start only after some
interaction between USB host and device.

WBW
--
Aleksandr Rybalko <ray at ddteam.net>