FreeBSD 8.2 and DisplayLink devices?

Chris Rees crees at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 11 14:36:57 UTC 2011

On 11 Jul 2011 14:26, "Daniel O&apos;Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> wrote:

> On 11/07/2011, at 17:35, Chris Rees wrote:
> >> It would be nice if FreeBSD shipped with those files in (say)
/usr/libdata/pkgconfig and the pkg-config port was tweaked to search there
as well but it hasn't happened yet..

> > Really? We don't have pkgconfig in the base system, so I'd submit that
> > it'd be a little strange.
> >
> > I would suggest a port (perhaps like libusb-pkgconfig) that
> > installs/creates those files in ${PREFIX}/libdata/pkgconfig for you,
> > or any other creative fix that you can think of!
> >
> > Not sure if we want to go down that road though...
>
> That is the other approach but it's a bit of a pain to make the libusb
port do something very different for 8.x.

The last thing we should have is a port that does different things depending
on OS version like that, I was thinking of a virtual port, as it were.

Chris