usb/156000: rum(4) Fatal trap 18: integer divide fault while in kernel mode

PseudoCylon moonlightakkiy at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 1 07:20:13 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR usb/156000; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: PseudoCylon <moonlightakkiy at yahoo.ca>
To: Ruan Chunping <rcp at mipang.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/156000: rum(4) Fatal trap 18: integer divide fault while in kernel mode
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 00:14:27 -0700 (PDT)

 No.

 The driver shouldn't panic just because it's received an odd packet, and need to
 be fixed. Other than that, based on your tcpdump output, the driver is behaving
 fine.

 When the driver is not receiving any arp packet, it isn't sending any, so
 android phone doesn't work. No driver sends out a packet spontaneously.
 When the driver receives an arp packet, it sends out, so nokia phone works.
 There is nothing wrong from driver's point of view.

 It seems routing table hasn't properly been configured, so arp reply packets are
 sent to default gateway (most likely to em0).

 Once the routing table is set up, every thing should work fine.
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-routing.html

 You can set up an AP without bridge. Since you are making subnet, rather not to.
 But, if you need to use bridge, you need to add 2 or more NICs as I mentioned in

 >bridge0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
 >        ether 72:5f:7d:8a:55:34
 >        inet 192.168.77.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.77.255
 >        id 00:00:00:00:00:00 priority 32768 hellotime 2 fwddelay 15
 >        maxage 20 holdcnt 6 proto rstp maxaddr 100 timeout 1200
 >        root id 00:00:00:00:00:00 priority 32768 ifcost 0 port 0
 >        member: wlan0 flags=143<LEARNING,DISCOVER,AUTOEDGE,AUTOPTP>
 >                ifmaxaddr 0 port 10 priority 128 path cost 370370
 >>>   member: em0 ..... << you need this

 AK