USB_VERBOSE and vendor-/productnames

Nick Hibma nick at van-laarhoven.org
Thu Sep 16 10:20:39 UTC 2010

http://www.linux-usb.org/usb-ids.html

"The contents of the database and the generated files can be distributed under the terms of either the GNU General Public License (version 2 or later) or of the 3-clause BSD License."

Do you want me make this list available in our source tree?

Steps:
1) Write a script to download it and convert it to our usbdevs*.h files.
2) Match the entries with our own and add usbdevs*_legacy.h for FBSD8 systems, so recompilation of existing drivers is straightforward.
3) Test. Review. Bikeshed. Rinse. Repeat.
4) Commit.

Nick