[current] could not attach n900 (mass storage mode) at high speed

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Mar 15 09:26:42 UTC 2010

El día Sunday, March 14, 2010 a las 04:39:20PM +0200, Andrey Kosachenko escribió:

> Hi,
>
> There is a laptop carrying FreeBSD (9.0-current, built from fresh sources).
> Device (Nokia N900) is attached via USB interface. However the speed of
> data transfer is too low (~1.0 MB/s). I tried to attached it to Linux
> box and data was transferred at full speed (~ 25 MB/s)

Hello Andrey,

Maybe a bit off-topic and we should move the conversation to private...

May I ask you some question about the N900? I'm using the Openmoko
Freerunner, a real open mobile phone running a Linux as well and if you
SSH to the mobile you will see it as a normal Linux server with a X11
display and all such things.

What about the N900? Perhaps the sources are not available (as they are
for the Freerunner), but despite of this: is this as well a normal UNIX
server inside? SSH, bash, X11, you can write your own apps in Python,
...?

I'm asking because my Freerunner will die in the future and the company
went away already from the market, is the N900 a replacement for this in
the future?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211