Simple manner to read 1-pin high/low from USB under FBSD?

Trevor Blackwell tlb at tlb.org
Wed Oct 14 19:27:32 UTC 2009

Sounds reasonable. I've also had good luck with the ADAM 6000 family,

	http://www.bb-elec.com/product_multi_family.asp?MultiFamilyId=12&TrailType=Sub&Trail=39

Plug them into power and Ethernet and you can telnet to them and give
text commands to read A/D pins. Easy to automate from Python just
using sockets. They're obviously less flexible than an Arduino, but
they do come in nice little boxes with screw terminals, static zap
protection on the inputs, blinking lights and all that good stuff for
$200-$400 each.

I think there's a USB version too that does the same protocol over
serial instead of sockets. But Ethernet is pretty nice because you can
put it anywhere, or have more than one.

--
Trevor Blackwell      tlb at tlb.org     650 776 7870