CFH: fix multimedia/pwcbsd with usb2

Vinicius Abrahao vinnix.bsd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:21:52 UTC 2009

Hi Hans,

With the pwcview from I4B SVN:
     Did not recognize my device at all, with or without -d option.

With pwcbsd from ports:
     The pwc.ko only recognize my cam If I apply this patch in pwc.c:
94a95
>   {USB_VPI(0x093a, 0x2603, 675)}, /* Philips SPC500NC */

Note that 675 (type field) is just my guess. I try some others without
success.
But only appears a green or black screen.
Research more about this cam I found that it uses a sensor: PAC7311 [1].

Cause this problems I'm wondering buy a new camera (better quality)
and default support by pwc.ko.

For the other side, put this camera to work, seens a cool opportunity
to learn more about
drivers at FreeBSD environment.

[1] http://www.pixart.com.tw/upload/PAC7311%20Spec%20V15_20051122092509.pdf

Thanks for your help,