mouse behaving strange on high cpu load and rapid movements

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sun Oct 4 14:34:38 UTC 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009 14:44:34 Alexander Best wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky schrieb am 2009-10-01:
> > On Wednesday 30 September 2009 15:23:18 Alexander Best wrote:
> > > here's some debug output:
> >

> also i've notice that during heavy cpu load my keyboard's input rate is
> much lower than usual.
>
> i'll try producing a few benchmark results when writing/reading to a usb
> stick under heavy cpu load to give you an idea about the slowdown rate.

Hi,

If you look at the top of usb_process() in sys/dev/usb/usb_process.c, then you
see there is some code to do priority settings. Recently something about the
USB processes/threads was changed in USB regard, and I don't know if this
might be the cause. Andrew, you might want to check if the priority settings
in the USB code are still valid.

I'm currently using the BSD scheduler, not ULE.