Asynchronous bulk transfers in usb2 ?

Thierry Herbelot thierry.herbelot at free.fr
Fri May 15 19:19:25 UTC 2009

Le Friday 15 May 2009, Hans Petter Selasky a écrit :
> On Friday 15 May 2009, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is a follow-on for :
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-usb%40freebsd.org/msg04000.html,
> > where a code snippet was posted to use the new USB stack.
> >
> > I've just recompiled my old experiment (which used to work at the time),
> > and it does not seem to work with today's current (I made the cosmetic
> > changes due to the change of name for the libusb, so the compile at least
> > is OK).
> >
> > the issue is that the following loop (copied from the previous archived
> > post) is never executed :
> > --------------------
> > 	while ( ( pdev = libusb20_be_device_foreach ( pbe, pdev ) ) )
> > 	{
> > 		ddesc = libusb20_dev_get_device_desc ( pdev );
> > 		printf("vendor %x prod %x\n", ddesc->idVendor, ddesc->idProduct);
> >
> > 		/* stop with the first found device */
> > 		if ( ddesc->idVendor == MY_VENDOR_ID )
> > 		{
> > 			libusb20_be_dequeue_device ( pbe, pdev );
> > 			break;
> > 		}
> > 	}
> > --------------------
> >
> > pdev is always NULL at the end of the loop (even though a USB device has
> > been plugged, has been detected by the USB stack and is correctly seen,
> > as per usbconfig, with the expected idVendor).
> >
> > I have not followed the recent developments on the USB stack : maybe some
> > change is needed in my code ?
>
> Check permissions for devices under /dev/usb

*blush* (this is indeed the reason)

but .... this used to work ;-) (maybe it did no longer work after the device
nodes were added for the USB devices)

what is the recommended way to change the permissions for the usb device
nodes ? (with devd ?)

in the meantime, I'll try to run from root ...

	Thanks

	TfH