devd automatic conversion of umass[0-9] to da[0-9]

Henrik Gulbrandsen henrik at gulbra.net
Fri May 8 00:43:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 17:27 +0200, Julian Stacey wrote:
> Config below works for a number of memory sticks simultaneously;
> But if one already has a dvd burner plugged in,
> then it fails as devd sees (in case of a first memory stick) a new umass1.
> Although /dev/da0* get created, devd tries to access non existant da1*.
> Any ideas how to improve this ? ( Using 7.1-RELEASE )

You may want to have a look at the umass script from this old email,
which did the umassX to daY mapping using camcontrol output:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-usb/2007-December/004286.html

but please note the following bug pointed out by Peter Trifonov:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-usb/2008-January/004511.html

I haven't actually been using this script lately, so I don't know if
it will still work, but it seemed pretty stable at the time...

/Henrik

P.S. You might also want to consider removing skanova.net from your list
     of spam domains, to avoid blocking half of Sweden from mailing you.