devd automatic conversion of umass[0-9] to da[0-9]

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed May 6 16:39:18 UTC 2009

on 06/05/2009 18:27 Julian Stacey said the following:
> Hi folks,
> Config below works for a number of memory sticks simultaneously;
> But if one already has a dvd burner plugged in,
> then it fails as devd sees (in case of a first memory stick) a new umass1.
> Although /dev/da0* get created, devd tries to access non existant da1*.
> Any ideas how to improve this ? ( Using 7.1-RELEASE )

You could try to watch for cdev events (i.e. creation of daX device nodes) instead
of driver events. But I am not sure if cdev events are in 7.1, they are definitely
in 7.2:

notify 1000 {
        match   "system"                "DEVFS";
        match   "subsystem"             "CDEV";
        match   "type"                  "CREATE";
        match   "cdev"                  "^da[0-9]+$";
        action  "echo 't120o3l32 b>c+f+16' > /dev/speaker";
};

--
Andriy Gapon