ZTE MF636 USB u3g modem

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Tue May 5 17:41:38 UTC 2009

Has anyone had any luck getting this modem to work under FreeBSD ? I
have been trying to modify the driver to get it to recognize and send
the unit into modem mode, but no luck. I even tried setting the unit
into permanent modem mode first from Windows as referenced in
http://www.matt-barrett.com/?p=5
but no luck yet

usbdevs shows it as
port 2 addr 2: high speed, power 500 mA, config 1, ZTE CDMA
Technologies MSM(0x2000), ZTE, Incorporated(0x19d2), rev 0.00

u3g0: sending CD eject command to change to modem mode
u3g0: sent command to change to modem mode
u3g0: read back CSW

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike