Problems with mouse and keyboard

Gerd Truschinski gerd at truschinski.de
Wed Dec 2 22:00:46 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I am running FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE on an Jetway JNC-81-LF Board with the
AMD780G chipset.
My mouse (Logitech) and keyboard  (Cherry) are connect via an ATEN
CS-1764 KVM-Switch to the rear USB-ports.

This work very well as long as I connect the KVM-Switch to one (the
"good" port) of the four rear ports during coldstart. Then I also may
change the port on the fly without any problem. The USB subsystem is
disconnecting and reconnecting like a charm.

If I use on of the other ports during I get the following errors on all
but the "good" port:

usb_alloc_device:1586: set address 2 failed (USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, ignored)
usb_alloc_device:1624: getting device descriptor at addr 2 failed,
USB_ERR_TIMEOUT!
usbd_req_re_enumerate:1539: addr=2, set address failed!
(USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, ignored)
usbd_req_re_enumerate:1553: getting device descriptor at addr 2 failed,
USB_ERR_TIMEOUT!
usbd_req_re_enumerate:1539: addr=2, set address failed!
(USB_ERR_TIMEOUT, ignored)
usbd_req_re_enumerate:1553: getting device descriptor at addr 2 failed,
USB_ERR_TIMEOUT!
ugen0.2: <(null)> at usbus0 (disconnected)

I changed the BIOS from A6 (A04??) to A08 just before I installed
8.0-RELEASE. (I need it because of the AMD 605e CPU) and there is the
following line in the BIOS description: "2.to solve the problem that
USB1 fails to function when a USB keyboard or mouse device connected to it."

If I could help with any test I will do so. It is only a testbox.

/gT/