usb/127516: after csup src-all RELENG_7

yakov u2227 at academ.org
Sun Sep 21 08:40:01 UTC 2008

>Number:         127516
>Category:       usb
>Synopsis:       after csup src-all RELENG_7
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
    moused -t auto -p /dev/ums1
or simply
   moused -p /dev/ums1
Segmentation fault

but /ums0 is there, I can
   cat /dev/ums1
them move mouse and see some output.

I tried "gdb moused"
"run /dev/ums1"

after the crash "bt" reported last function was in glibc, a second was in kld are somewhere, I believe "kldquery" or something.
if needed I can reboot and repeat debugging and send full outputs. maybe I need to rebuild kernel with symbolic support though and I am not sure how to do that.

I also have ums0, but that's a joystick builtin in the usb keyboard.
moused /dev/ums0 crashes as well.

I tried -d -f to moused, got no difference. tried different mouse types, same crash.

motherboard: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE
quite generic usb mouse logitec 5 years old
btc wireless usb keyboard with builtin mouse, maybe it has something to do with the bug?

>How-To-Repeat:
just type "moused /dev/ums1"
or "moused /dev/ums0"

>Fix: