USB Video class

Peter B pb at ludd.ltu.se
Mon Sep 1 23:35:17 UTC 2008

>> >Is there any ongoing project towards USB Video class support in FreeBSD =
>=2E.?
>>=20
>> This is better asked on usb@ (CCed). I'm not aware of such an effort, fee=
>l free to start it (you better wait some days until the=20
>> new USB stack hits CVS).

>NetBSD had a Summer of Code project and it seems to be pretty
>successful:
>http://netbsd-soc.sourceforge.net/projects/uvc/
>Perhaps one can take this as a starting point?

When testing. I found it seems to be easier to port the OpenBSD code.
I think it's because it's more integrated into the kernel sources.

The current status is proper probe, attach, and capability dump.
I think I know how to approach the problem better now after messing with
code for awhile. (however some other things are using my time atm)