Problem with Usb Modem CMOTECH CCU550

Miguel Vásquez. starbuck797 at yahoo.es
Sat May 24 16:53:29 UTC 2008

  Hello everybody.

Hi, I am a novice FreeBSD, I use FreeBSD 6.3 in one laptop Acer Aspire
5570z, I have tried to use my modem CMOTECH CCU550 but I am not
successful, Can you Help me??

Until now, I did the following thing:

1) I added the line of code:

product CMOTECH CCU550  0x5533 CDMA 2000 1xRTT/1xEVDO USB modem

in line 780 of the file /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs.

2)later, I added the line of code:

{ USB_VENDOR_CMOTECH, USB_PRODUCT_CMOTECH_CCU550,
    ANY,{ UQ_ASSUME_CM_OVER_DATA }},

in line 85 and 86 of the file /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usb_quirks.c

3) later, it executes the following thing:

# cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
# mkdir /root/kernels
# cp GENERIC /root/kernels/MYKERNEL
# ln -s /root/kernels/MYKERNEL
# cd /usr/src
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
# make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
# shutdown -r now

When it starts (boot) The FreeBSD 6.3 system, it takes my modem as they ugen0

Why?

I hope you can help me!!

Note: My English is not good.

Miguel.