How to remap or ignore certain mouse buttons? (was: Fun with Logitech keyboard/mouse kombo (diNovo Edge)...)

Fri May 9 13:57:44 UTC 2008

Quoting Kai Wang <kaiwang27 at gmail.com> (Thu, 8 May 2008 23:41:33 +0200):

> This mouse got two very similar usage collections, the difference
> is one of them defined 4 more buttons.
>
> Let's try to speicify the buttons, XY axis and wheel explicitly and
> see what happens...
>
> Could you please try following two patches?
> (assuming you are using latest CURRENT, and you need to substitute VENDORID
> and PRODUCTID with the real id of your mouse)
>
> First apply patch A:

Works (the mouse moves).

> After test, revert patch A and apply patch B instead:

> (Only difference between these two patches is the value of sc->sc_iid)

I didn't applied the second patch, I just changed the iid. This one
does not work, the pointer does not move.

> What will moused output after applying these two patches, repectively?

Patch a: