usb/117185: [umodem] [patch] Add support for UNION interface descriptor

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at nsu.ru
Thu Jul 17 06:10:05 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR usb/117185; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe at nsu.ru>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, eugen at grosbein.pp.ru
Cc: imp at bsdimp.com
Subject: Re: usb/117185: [umodem] [patch] Add support for UNION interface descriptor
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:04:27 +0700

 Apparently, GNATS does not handle attached files correctly (or maybe I
 have to name them differently), anyways.  Here're direct links for both
 latest patch by Jeremie and RELENG_6 backport:

 	http://freebsd.nsu.ru/patches/umodem-nokia.diff
 	http://freebsd.nsu.ru/patches/umodem-nokia-releng6.diff

 Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky(at)c2i.net> raised a point about this part
 of the patch:

 >  +      if (restart)
 >  +              p = (uByte *)(restart) + restart->bLength;

 that maybe we "can add some extra range checks here.  Remember the
 descriptors come from the device itself, and might be corrupt."