Microsoft Habu Mouse

Chris Pet. chrispetso at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:13:32 UTC 2008

Hello,
I have an issue with this mouse, as I believe it's a known issue I
didn't bother making a PR. The problem is this mouse is not support in
7.0-release as it's detected as a keyboard only, I had to upgrade to
Stable which isn't a issue. The issue lies when using the mouse with X
the mouse tends to turn off, mouse stops moving/working the only way
to fix it is to change virtual terms and then back to X, this works to
an extent but after doing it 2-3 times well it gets frustrating. Does
anyone have any patches to fix this issue, or is this a issue that
involved X and not just FreeBSD's USB stack? I have tried changing the
Protocol to Auto, changing the device from sysmouse to /dev/ums0 but
this is worst as it requires a total X shutdown in order to get the
mouse back. I have thought about purchasing a cheaper PS/2 mouse but I
like the speed of the Habu. You normally don't get this speed in PS/2
but rather USB. I have gotten weird reply's like my USB ports are mal
functioning, my motherboard is going bad normally I just ignore these
issues and the Mouse works in Linux/Windows without this issue.

Any input would be appreciated.