usb/95173: [umass] [patch] cannot mount external usb harddisk VIA Technologies Inc. USB 2.0 IDE Bridge

Marc Fonvieille blackend at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 26 02:37:54 PST 2008

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 07:00:06AM +0000, Ben Kelly wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR usb/95173; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Ben Kelly <bkelly at vadev.org>
> To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, diazepam at gmx.net
> Subject: Re: usb/95173: [umass] [patch] cannot mount external usb harddisk VIA Technologies Inc. USB 2.0 IDE Bridge
> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 01:35:41 -0500
>
>  --Apple-Mail-95--316157853
>
>  My last patch did not seem to get incorporated into the bug system
>  properly.  Here is a second attempt.

I can confirm this patch fixed the problem I also had with 2 VIA USB
2.0 IDE Bridge based enclosures.  I did my tests on 7.0-PRERELEASE.
This patch should be committed :)

--
Marc