BlackBerry (Re: using libusb)

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Mon Jan 21 17:49:49 PST 2008

On понеділок 21 січень 2008, Kirk Davis wrote:
= I don't think it is a conscious effort on anyone's part to make it
= different, it is just a port of an older Linux version that does not yet
= have all the newer features.

Of course not. All I'm urging is a conscious effort to keep it the same...

= The Linux way is not always the best way IMHO.  A lot of the features and
= libraries in Linux have grown out of necessity rather that good planning.

Agreed. But Linux is the de-facto standard. If someone like Research in Motion
(makers of BlackBerry) or Nokia decides to release a Linux-version of the
software for their devices, FreeBSD better run it -- even if
our /alternative/ methods of talking to the same devices is better...

	-mi