usb/116898: panic: sleeping thread while using USB hard drive

Richard Puga puga at mauibuilt.com
Sun Jan 20 21:50:03 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR usb/116898; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Richard Puga <puga at mauibuilt.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, puga at mauibuilt.com
Subject: Re: usb/116898: panic: sleeping thread while using USB hard drive
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:25:37 -1000

 This is all I get from the debugger

 mauibuilt /usr/src/sys/i386/compile/MAUIBUILT 181% kgdb kernel.debug
 /var/crash/vmcore.1
 [GDB will not be able to debug user-mode threads:
 /usr/lib/libthread_db.so: Undefined symbol "ps_pglobal_lookup"]
 GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
 are
 conditions.
 details.
 This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd".
 Cannot access memory at address 0xc7b4
 (kgdb)

 all 3 core dumps have the same memory error.. the machine has never
 showed signs of memory problems or rebooots other than  the usb problem,
 neither have 5 other machine that have had the problem.

 I posted a link to the core dumps which ae still avalible online in case
 I did somthing wrong.

 Please inform me of what I have to do in order to complete this.

 Thank you

 Richard Puga