[SOLVED] Re: Problem with usb4bsd rev566

Stefan Lambrev stefan.lambrev at moneybookers.com
Wed Jan 16 10:06:50 PST 2008

Hi Hans,

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Stefan Lambrev wrote:
>
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Thanks for your response.
>> I'm little puzzled right now :)
>>

> Hi Stefan,
>
> The order in which the callbacks are called is not that important.
>
> "dropcount" == number of callbacks to call. The xfer[] array is filled
> starting at index 0 up to and including index 3.
>
> If dropcount == 1 then
> call callback on xfer[0] only
>
> If dropcount == 2 then
> call callback on xfer[1]
> call callback on xfer[0]
>
> If dropcount == 3 then
> call callback on xfer[2]
> call callback on xfer[1]
> call callback on xfer[0]
>
> This I optimized into a switch statement:
>
> switch(dropcount) {
> }
>
> Looking at your patch I think you have the old files! Try "svn revert
> usb_transfer.c" and "svn revert usb_port.h" or something similar. I'm at
> revision 568.

Yes you are completely right.
I understand the beauty of this switch now ;)

Btw do we need this part:
                default:
                        break;

The only way for dropcount to not be defined is if xfer[0] == NULL, but
we will never reach to the switch if it is.

> Regarding thread_lock and thread_unlock already being defined, you are right.
>
> I've done like this now:
>
> #if (__FreeBSD_version >= 800000)
> #define usb_thread_create(f, s, p, ...) \
>                 kproc_create((f), (s), (p), RFHIGHPID, 0, __VA_ARGS__)
> #define usb_thread_exit(err)    kproc_exit(err)
> #else
> #define usb_thread_create(f, s, p, ...) \
>                 kthread_create((f), (s), (p), RFHIGHPID, 0, __VA_ARGS__)
> #define usb_thread_exit(err)    kthread_exit(err)
> #endif
>
> #if (__FreeBSD_version < 700000)
> #define thread_lock(td) mtx_lock_spin(&sched_lock)
> #define thread_unlock(td) mtx_unlock_spin(&sched_lock)
> #endif
>
> Is this Ok ?

I'll build new kernel and will let you know.
But yes it seems OK :)

--

Best Wishes,
Stefan Lambrev