uscanner and ulpt over the same connection (Re: BlackBerry)

Mikhail Teterin mi+mill at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Jan 10 15:00:31 PST 2008

четвер 10 січень 2008 05:03 по, Duane H Hesser Ви написали:
> A similar problem occurs to many of us who have HP printers which
> hook up (quite properly, it seems to me) on ulpt0.  Mine also
> hooks up on umass0 (to service the flash memory card slots),
> and would hook up on uscanner0, too, if uscanner.c were modified
> to  recognize it.  If we want to use HP's software (HPLIP)
> to drive the printer we must arrange arrange for it to be ugen.

I would've been quite happy with accessing uscanner and ulpt with standard OS
tools (and graphics/sane-backends), but when I tried, it was /either/
ulpt /or/ uscanner -- but not both.

If both are currently available via the same USB cable, then it is already a
good improvement /and/ it should be easy to add ugen to the mix too -- we
might not need to wait for Hans' full and comprehensive rework to get this...

 -mi