usb/120859: laserjet1000 PR#99460 how to install the patch?

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Sat Feb 23 10:00:08 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR usb/120859; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Volker <volker at vwsoft.com>
To: paul.belair at rogers.com
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: usb/120859: laserjet1000 PR#99460 how to install the patch?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:53:45 +0100

 Paul,

 I've seen you've filed more PRs ports/120924 and misc/120950 about your
 problem.

 Please follow up with me by private mail if you want your problem get
 solved instead of filing more PRs! As I already told you, GNATS is a bug
 tracking database but not a support channel for chatting to a support
 person.

 I think you're having several problems at the same time. First, you need
 to get FreeBSD recognizing your USB device correctly, second you need to
  have CUPS install a printer driver for you.

 To work out both, I've already offered assistance to you but
 unfortunately you did not get back to me.

 Please send me the following information:

 dmesg
 usbctl -v

 pkg_info -I '*cups*'

 Also I think the FreeBSD handbook might be of interest to you:
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

 and you'll find information about our mailing lists at:
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL