usb4bsd patch review [was Re: ...]

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 20 21:01:36 UTC 2008

* Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> [080820 09:07] wrote:

> > > I think that is correct.
> >
> > OK, so does this mean we should expect to see a revised commit candidate
> > patch from you and/or alfred later once that is finished?
>
> Alfred, I leave this up to you.

I think we'll be committing the kernel portion first.

There are several reasons that justify this:

1) The old usb code remains and is on by default so no one is really
affected by it.
2) This is a rather large delta and it has been getting quite difficult
to get in, the larger the delta, the more problems we will have bringing
it in.

> > P.S. There were a number of questions you didn't answer, can I assume
> > those will follow later?
>
> Could you please repeat the questions you did not get an answer to?

I agree, there has been so many reviews/opinions posted that it would
be easier to repeat the missed questions than to expect the person
that unintentionally missed them to pick them up again.

--
- Alfred Perlstein