usb/91546: [umodem] [patch] Nokia 6630 mobile phone does notwork

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Sep 25 22:18:11 PDT 2007

In message: <20070925.231043.-345497328.imp at bsdimp.com>
            "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:
: In message: <46F9DC89.598B7C64 at kuzbass.ru>
:             Eugene Grosbein <eugen at kuzbass.ru> writes:
: : Warner Losh wrote:
: : >
: : > Have you tried porting -current's umodem driver back to stable?  I
: : > think it would work a lot better...
: :
: : I've glanced at CURRENT's umodem and there is no that code
: : allowing to work with devices without CM descriptor using UNION instead...
: : NetBSD has that code since 2005.
: :
: : Do you think CURRENT's umodem would be useble in this case?
:
: My modem doesn't have a CM descriptor and I quirked it before.  I
: removed the quirk code and it works now without it.  The Union code
: from NetBSD didn't look relevant at all when you chased down all the
: things that it actually did, but maybe I missed something.
:
: Given that umodem from current should just work on -stable w/o any
: changes (you may need ucom too, which does need one or two changes),
: it would be worth a shot at trying it.

If that doesn't work, btw, I'll port the union code over.

Warner