usb/91546: [umodem] [patch] Nokia 6630 mobile phone does not work

Eugene Grosbein eugen at kuzbass.ru
Tue Sep 25 11:22:37 PDT 2007

Hi!

I've ported the code committed to NetBSD's umodem driver
after http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=29754
The patch for RELENG_6 follows. Sadly, it still does not work
for my Nokia E50, it says (debug turned on):

umodem_get_desc: no CM desc
umodem_get_desc: no CM desc
ucom0: Nokia Nokia E50, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 2/2
umodem_get_desc: no CM desc
ucom0: data interface 1, has no CM over data, has break
ucom0: Could not find data bulk in
device_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6

So, my phone has UDESCSUB_CDC_UNION but driver still does not like it.
Did I something wrong while porting or it's just phone's problem?

Btw, it works via Bluetooth and rfcomm_pppd just fine,
but I'd like to see FreeBSD supporting it over USB too :-)

Eugene Grosbein