usb/117598: [patch] Not possible to record with Plantronics DSP-400 USB headset

Henrik Gulbrandsen henrik at gulbra.net
Sun Oct 28 07:10:04 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR usb/117598; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Henrik Gulbrandsen <henrik at gulbra.net>
To: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: usb/117598: [patch] Not possible to record with Plantronics
	DSP-400 USB headset
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:43:07 +0100

 On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 14:27 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
 > What you experience is very common and I think that a quirk would be useless.
 > How about assuming ASYNC by default ?

 Well, I couldn't think of a good reason not to, so that's why you'll
 find a "#define UAUDIO_ASSUME_ASYNC" at the beginning of the patch.
 I just wanted to make it easy to turn it off, just in case someone else
 could think of a good reason why that would be better - and the quirk
 fix is there to ensure that my own headset keeps working in that case.

 I wouldn't have added the quirk flag if it wasn't for the fact that it
 was already there. In a case like this, I'd prefer to work around the
 problem once and for all. See the usb/78984 patch for example. That was
 never applied, by the way. I probably missed some administrative detail.

 /Henrik