Memory leak / Kernel Panic using snd_uaudio (USB Sound Card)

Hofmann, Laurent laurent at kally.net
Sat Mar 31 12:31:06 UTC 2007

-----Message d'origine-----
De : owner-freebsd-usb at freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-usb at freebsd.org] De
la part de Hans Petter Selasky
Envoyé : samedi 31 mars 2007 13:16
À : freebsd-usb at freebsd.org
Objet : Re: Memory leak / Kernel Panic using snd_uaudio (USB Sound Card)

Just do a SVN update and try again. By a mistake I removed a patch for
FreeBSD
6.2.

--HPS

Thank you very much. It compiled like a charm. I also included the driver in
the kernel instead of using it as a module.
I'm now playing some music, I will tell you if the kernel panic still
occur...

Just one more remark :
The driver is not detected as before :
uaudio0: <Guillemot USB Audio, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 126>
uaudio0: Play: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format
uaudio0: Record: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 16-bit S-LE PCM format
uaudio0: No midi sequencer
uaudio0: WARNING: Unplugging the device while it is in use will cause a
panic!
pcm0: <USB audio> on uaudio0

dolphin# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <USB audio> at ?  (1p/1r/0v channels duplex default)

Before I had more lines, one of these lines was indicating a 6 channel
device. Now I have the feeling that only the front channels are available ?

Best Regards,

Laurent H.

PS : Do you know when these drivers will be included in Freebsd ?