about usb of freeBSD

Fri Mar 30 11:15:08 UTC 2007

Quoting Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> (from Fri, 30 Mar 2007
11:15:20 +0200):

> On Friday 30 March 2007 10:42, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Quoting PS <ps1981 at 126.com> (from Fri, 30 Mar 2007 00:51:47 -0700 (PDT)):
>> > Dear all,
>> > I just read the usb source code of freeBSD, but I can't understand it
>> > clearly.
>> > Can anybody give me the simple analyse or structure of it ?
>>
>> Have a look at http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/src_docs/ there's
>> dev_usb.pdf. It is the result of a doxygen run over our usb code. It's
>> all we can provide in this regard.
>>

> Could you generate the same PDF for the new USB stack ?

As you have the code merged into your src tree, I would suggest to do
it yourself (I don't have the time ATM to merge it). Install doxygen
and graphviz (and teTeX if you prefer the PDF docs instead of the HTML
ones), go to src/tools/kerneldoc/subsys/ and run "make dev_usb" and/or
"make pdf-dev_usb". The HTML docs are not available online on my site,
they consume too much space. The HTML docs are much more convenient to
use. To generate the docs _again_ you have to run "make clean" first.

If there are some problems, show me the error.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
"man hier" will explain the way FreeBSD filesystems are normally laid out.
		-- David Scheidt <dscheidt at tumbolia.com>