EHCI and Isochronous transfer support in FreeBSD

Antonio Vivaldi antvival at yahoo.it
Sat Mar 24 16:06:43 UTC 2007

Hello Hans,

is this driver going to replace the actual USB driver present in the ufficial kernel?

Best regards
Luca

Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> ha scritto: On Friday 23 March 2007 22:14, Antonio Vivaldi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know what is the status about the support of USB isochronous
> transfers (used by many video devices for realtime streaming) in the
> current version of FreeBSD.

Hi Antonio,

You are encouraged to write drivers for the new USB driver, see
http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/usb4bsd

.. if you need good isochronous support. The new USB driver supports, high and
full speed isochronous pipes.

Currently it does not compile with the latest 7-Current, but I compiles fine
with 6.x.