Devices

John Andrewartha mulga at flinders.homeunix.org
Mon Mar 19 08:17:34 UTC 2007

Hi,
A small problem that I need assistance with please.
I a now the proud owner of a 3G+ 850 MHz USB modem from CMOTECH it uses a real
usb hub. In AU it's called NextG wireless Internet, every where else
something else.
I was able to modify my old usbdevs and usb_quirks.c to make a modem card from
the same vendor work with FreeBSD 6.1.
I posted the diff for that mid last year.

The following from usbdevs -v for the new device I can't get to attach.
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 addr 2: full speed, power 500 mA, config 1, CMOTECH CDMA
Technologies(0x6280), CMOTECH CO., LTD.(0x16d8), rev 0.00
 port 2 powered
----
Device that does work

addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, OHCI root hub(0x0000), (0x11c1)
(0x0000), rev 1.00
 port 1 addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, CMOTECH CDMA
Technologies(0x5523), CMOTECH CO., LTD.(0x16d8), rev 0.00
 port 2 powered
This card is just that a PCM card that reports as a usb device.
I cheated and changed usbdevs entry for CMOTECH from 0x5523 to 0x6280, rebuilt
the kernel, and, failed.

Any suggestions and hints appreciated.

Thanks in advance John