amd64 usb error=4 intel dg965ry mainboard

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Thu Mar 1 16:08:19 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 16:01, Andrei Kolu wrote:
> My computer hardlocked after "upgrading" to this USB stack.
>
> Intel 82801FB (ICH6) USB 2.0 controller
> Intel 82801FB/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6) USB controller
>
> FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p1

This might be an interrupt issue. Could you try the following:

11.16.3.3 System Hangs (temporary or permanent)
Most system hangs are a result of lost interrupts or an interrupt storm.
Chipsets have a lot of problems based on how the BIOS configures interrupts
before boot, correctness of the APIC (MADT) table, and routing of the System
Control Interrupt (SCI).
Interrupt storms can be distinguished from lost interrupts by checking the
output of vmstat -i and looking at the line that has acpi0. If the counter is
increasing at more than a couple per second, you have an interrupt storm. If
the system appears hung, try breaking to DDB (CTRL+ALT+ESC on console) and
type show interrupts.
Your best hope when dealing with interrupt problems is to try disabling APIC
support with hint.apic.0.disabled="1" in loader.conf.

Or you can enter "set hint.apic.0.disabled=1" on the loader prompt.