Question!!!

Dr. Gary E. RAFE drgerlists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 23:21:53 UTC 2007

Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
!> Try loading ucom, uftdi, uplcom and umodem.  Chances are good one of
!> these three is for your phone.
!
!Thanks! The combination of ucom and umodem is enough to get power to
!my Motorola Razr V3 so I can now recharge the battery while running
!FreeBSD. :)

Can I ask how you're using ucom(4),
either compiled into a custom kernel or loaded as a kernel module ?

In the case of the former, are you using this on a portable
that interacts with ACPI or APM suspend/resume ?
In the latter case, are you able to unload ucom.ko
after you're done using it (and, presumably, umodem.ko ) ?

I ask because I've had difficulty in the past with USB
coming back after an APM suspend/resume cycle on Toshiba notebooks
when USB devices are compiled into a custom kernel.

OTOH, I haven't figured out why "kldunload ucom.ko" will not,
complaining that the "device is busy"
(most recently on a 6.1-R system).

Regards,
--
Dr Gary E RAFE: drgerlists at gmail dot com