HP LaserJet 1020

Fernando Schapachnik fernando at schapachnik.com.ar
Sat Sep 10 17:07:57 PDT 2005

Hi,
	I have a HP LaserJet 1020, which happens to be a "Win"-printer (that
is, the driver does all the work). I found workable solutions for Linux, but
they require to download a new firmware to the printer.

	When I do cat whatever > /dev/ultp0, it just hangs for a long while
only to end with "Device busy". This happens with 4.11 and 6.0-BETA on two
machines that can successfully print through the same USB port in Windows.

	It seems to be detected just fine:

kernel: ulpt0: Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet 1020, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2,
iclass 7/1

kernel: ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

	Does anybody has experience with these printers or an idea why the OS
can't talk to it?

	Thanks!

Fernando P. Schapachnik
fernando at schapachnik.com.ar