USB modems (analog)

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Sat Sep 10 07:56:14 PDT 2005

At 05:36 AM 10/09/2005, Bernd Walter wrote:

>A used one seems to be the best choice these days.
>Be carefull about ELSA/devolo modems, they had been using a fine
>working Lucent chipset, but now are using an STM softmodem one.

Thanks for the heads up.  Of all the local devices I found, they
almost all used the STM softmodem chipset.

>They didn't change the product name.
>USR/3Com is also bad these day, they have a new softmodem modell now.
>Maybe Multitech is a choice - never tried them.

Same deal, STM.

>If you find one please let me know, I personally gave it up.

Assuming that programming info were available, how much time and
money would you guestimate it would take to develop a FreeBSD driver
for it ?  We *might* have some money available to fund it and would
let the driver be put into the tree.

         ---Mike