[Fwd: USB not working on 6.0-BETA2 on ICH7 [long]]

Thomas Quinot thomas at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 13 12:50:58 PDT 2005

I am encountering the same issues described by Joe in August with a
Dell Precision 380 (panic at boot if EHCI is enabled and USB devices
are connected), with 6.0-BETA5 source tree.

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 12:20:51PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> It might be that the alignment for some of the EHCI hardware structures is
> wrong. I haven't checked on FreeBSD-current, if this has been fixed, but I
> guess that the "controller halted" is due to the "EHCI scheduler" getting off
> the track.I have posted a PR on this and what needs to be changed:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=usb/79722

I tried applying the suggested alignement changes to ehcireg.h in 6.0-BETA5,
and it did not change the observed problem at all.

Thomas.