AW: Newsack on 13

Scheffenegger, Richard Richard.Scheffenegger at netapp.com
Tue Mar 2 20:05:19 UTC 2021

(including #transport and michael)

No, I've just included that to stable/13 to give it slightly more exposure.

For PRR, despite it being active since early Dec, real feedback which made me look over it with a fine comb, only came after stable/13 with the default on, but at the same time, 13.0 was branched.

If anything, I would suggest to wait until 13.0 is finished, then toggle the sysctl to on  in head & stable - to have higher exposure - and rename it only in head...

Btw, I renamed net.inet.tcp.rfc6675_pipe to net.inet.tcp.sack.revised (instead of "newsack"). Still open for better naming suggestions.

Richard Scheffenegger