How to enable tcp bbr in FreeBSD???

Mark Johnston markj at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 24 14:23:45 UTC 2020

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 03:15:08PM +0100, Tom Jones wrote:
> rrs at freebsd.org
> Bcc:
> Subject: Re: How to enable tcp bbr in FreeBSD???
>

> ... snip ...
> >
> > Maybe it is not ready for prime time, i do not know why it is not in the
> > default build.
> > Maybe ask the committer.
> >

> I have added rrs@ in cc and the freebsd-transport list.
>
> Does anyone know if there are plans to enable alternate TCP stacks in
> generic?
>
> Is there a stability point we need to hit first?

There are a couple of open bugs found by syzkaller (complete with
reproducers) that appeared when I enabled the alternate TCP stacks:

https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=986b4cecd84439df9794bda1a45d9cf0f50356fe
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=048f650e99696f881872a285cef0e3b9bd4f4e25

I'd expect these to be fixed before providing the alternate stacks in
GENERIC.