RFC8312 Cubic

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:41:24 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 12:34 PM Scheffenegger, Richard <
Richard.Scheffenegger at netapp.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we encounted an issue with the BSD11 cubic implementation during testing,
> when dealing with app-stalled and app-limited traffic patterns.
>
> The gist is, that at least in the after_idle cong_func for cubic, the
> states for ssthresh and cubic epoch time are not reset, leading to
> excessive cwnd values (overflows even) and self-inflicted drops due to
> dramatic burst transmissions.
>
> Bug Report, or Patch directly to Phabricator (when it is fully qualified)?

Search the freebsd-stable mailing list archives for the thread with subject
line:

 HEADS UP: TCP CUBIC Broken on 12.0-RELEASE/STABLE

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2018-December/090255.html

An Errata Notice should be going out sometime this month-ish.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com