RFC6582

Scheffenegger, Richard Richard.Scheffenegger at netapp.com
Sat Oct 20 06:20:27 UTC 2018

Hi Hiren,

I hope the xplot graph makes it through to you - LR ended at an odd ack packet; This is from a probing point near the client @ 10G line rate - where you can see the ack thinning, and the consumption of the entire rwnd during loss recovery.

The ACK thinning has cwnd at the end significantly smaller than ssthresh (cwnd/2) already, and using up the receive window during loss recovery will make "pipe" very small as well.

(I just spotted in this example the two initial SACKs, and five thereafter all seem to be exactly identical - another oddity...)

The session was set up with mss 8960, and a wscale=9. During the session rwin remained a constant 1024 (512kB).

Best regards,

  Richard

[cid:image002.png at 01D46849.349B20B0]