RFC6675 RescueReTx

Scheffenegger, Richard Richard.Scheffenegger at netapp.com
Fri Feb 23 22:27:05 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've been afk for quite some time, thus I still have to do a bit of catching up.

When looking into recent advances in the freebsd tcp stack, I found that some work was done to make the SACK code RFC6675 compliant.

Before unpacking packetdrill or running a code inspection - can someone tell me, if this means that not only the bug fixes / clarifications of 6675 over 3517 have been implemented, but also the rescue retransmission (section 4, nextseg, clause 4)?

Would still love to get that lost retransmission patch discussed and done properly (cc reaction on each iteration is missing; that patch preceeds the modular_cc work though) one of these days though.

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2010-April/025061.html

Thanks a lot,

Richard Scheffenegger