Exiting from loss recovery

Randall Stewart rrs at netflix.com
Wed Oct 12 18:10:28 UTC 2016

Yes

what happens is you receive a stretch ack often at the end of
recovery.. i.e all the holes have been filled and now you are asking
a lot of data (lets say 10 segments)..

Now if you are in recovery cc_ack_received() does not add it all to
the cwnd. If you are not in recovery then it does add it in.. and so you
get a huge bounce upwards in your cwnd.

--------
Randall Stewart
rrs at netflix.com