How to test Weblate translated article

Danilo G. Baio dbaio at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 28 21:43:35 UTC 2021

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 08:01:03PM +0200, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to test a couple of articles that are already translated in
> Weblate. None of them have a directory in es/articles yet. I can
> download the .po file, but I don't know how to get from there to the
> _index.adoc :-)
>
> I read this:
>
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/DocTranslationOnWeblate#Building_the_Translated_Document
>
> but it seems to me that the information is outdated or I missed
> something because I can not "make tran" in any article.
>
> How can I build test the article so I can inspect the final result?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Fernando.

I've just updated the build instructions[1], thanks.

Basically is this:

$ git clone https://github.com/doc-br/freebsd-doc-weblate && cd freebsd-doc-weblate

  # for pt_BR Language
$ KEEP_ENV=0 ./tools/translate.sh documentation pt_BR

  # or, translate only .PO files with more than 80% of translations
$ ./tools/translate.sh documentation pt_BR

  # Necessary step only for Weblate languages that don't use the
  # same directory name in the project.
  # 'pt_BR' needs; 'es' don't;
$ cp -aRfv documentation/content/pt_BR/* documentation/content/pt-br/

  # This will build the 'documentation' and 'website'
$ make

  # This will build only the 'documentation'
$ make documentation

The script 'tools/translate.sh' is not in the upstream yet, I'll submit
it soon.

For your recent work, you can check the output from Jenkins here [2] and
[3].

Regards.

1 - https://wiki.freebsd.org/DocTranslationOnWeblate#Building_the_Translated_Document
2 - https://ci.fugbr.org/files/24/