Reopening Weblate for translations

Danilo G. Baio dbaio at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 22 22:32:55 UTC 2021

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 09:32:56AM +0100, Michael Kufner wrote:
> Am 21.03.2021 um 13:19 schrieb Danilo G. Baio:
> > It took more time that we planned, but we would like to call everyone to
> > translate and help testing.
> >
> > With the migration to Hugo/AsciiDoctor [1] we will still be able to
> > translate the whole documentation (books and articles) as we used to do
> > and soon we will be able to translate the full website as well through
> > Weblate.
> >
> > On our Weblate [2] you will notice three projects:
> >    - Documentation (Books and Articles)
> >    - Website
> >    - FreeBSD Doc (Archived) - The old project
> >
> > For now let's focus on the Documentation project.
> >
> > Language teams that were using Weblate before the migration to
> > Hugo/Asciidoctor, please see our Wiki 'Translation based on Automatic
> > Suggestions' [3] for more details.
> >
> > For everyone else, please see the status page [4], there are still
> > pending issues and any help is very welcome, probably we will have more
> > things to fix, but right now we need to test the new workflow. =)
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > 1 - https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-translators/2021-January/000361.html
> > 2 - https://translate-dev.freebsd.org/projects/
> > 3 - https://wiki.freebsd.org/DocTranslationOnWeblate#Translation_based_on_Automatic_Suggestions
> > 4 - https://wiki.freebsd.org/DocTranslationOnWeblate#Status
> >

> Hi Danilo,
>
> Thank you very much! This is great news! How do I get access for de_DE? Do I
> Have to re-register?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael

Hi Michael, it's the same database/permissions and you already have
access to German (de_DE), so you just need to choose a component[1] and
'start a new translation' of it.

If you have any troubles let me know, probably I missed something. =)

When you add a translation for a new language (on each project), the
addon 'Language consistency'[2] will be triggered.

If you see a lot of commits into the repository[3], don't worry, it's
because of that.

Regards.

1 - https://translate-dev.freebsd.org/projects/documentation/
2 - https://docs.weblate.org/en/weblate-4.5.1/admin/addons.html#addon-weblate-consistency-languages