Self-introduction: Lorenzo Salvadore

Danilo G. Baio dbaio at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 27 16:39:32 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 04:30:32PM +0100, Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> On 27.01.2020 11:36, Danilo G. Baio wrote:

> > > Hi, thanks! Welcome!

> [...]
>
> Please don't touch the French docs.  I'd like to update existing docs
> without loosing the previous valuable work.
> Also, I'm not happy with the .po system which tends to move the
> translation away from the context.

Is that ok to translate new French documents through Weblate?

About the context, I personally like to translate looking at the original
document in a side window.

https://people.freebsd.org/~dbaio/weblate/2020-01-27-132129_1514x1233_scrot.png
https://people.freebsd.org/~dbaio/weblate/2020-01-27-132243_937x1051_scrot.png

And Weblate has a feature of Nearby Strings, which helps in understanding
the context of the current string.

When you have time, please give a try on Weblate without any commitment.

--
Danilo G. Baio (dbaio)