add linker option for LIB32 step on PowerPC64

Alfredo Dal Ava Junior alfredo.junior at eldorado.org.br
Thu May 2 18:02:46 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm working on having PowerPC64 using LLVM by default, but LLD support for 32 bit seems to be incomplete.  As workaround I'm using ld.bfd (2.17) for the LIB32 step.

I found no way to specify the linker for LIB32 step, so I created a variable called LIB32LD that I pass to "make buildworld". Apparently we'll have to make this workaround official, so I would like to know your thoughts about this approach or if you have some other idea to share.

Thanks,

Alfredo