Build updates [ ci.freebsd.org FreeBSD-head-{aarch64, armv7, armv6}-build failures as of, for example -r335711 and -r335713 ]

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 17:53:13 UTC 2018

> On 2018-Jun-27, at 10:01 AM, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> As of r335704:
>
> - make tinderbox/universe will now build the bootstrap clang *once*.
> Each target clang is still build of course.  This support does not work
> with gcc.
> - make buildworld (kernel-toolchain and toolchain) will build the
> bootstrap clang (if needed per SYSTEM_COMPILER logic) with only the
> TARGET.TARGET_ARCH backend support. The installed clang has all still so
> SYSTEM_COMPILER logic works for cross-compling.
>
> This uses the feature dim@ added in r335558 to selectively disable LLVM
> targets. I've added a new option named WITH[OUT]_LLVM_TARGET_ALL which I
> suggest using rather than the per-arch options. It is default on (WITH).
> Set WITHOUT to only build the needed native arch on your system for both
> bootstrap and compiled clang. Setting WITHOUT disables SYSTEM_COMPILER
> support for cross-builds.
>
> Please CC me directly for any weird tinderbox/universe or clang failures
> for the next few weeks.

https://ci.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD-head-aarch64-build/8324/consoleText

--- all_subdir_cloudabi32 ---
clang (LLVM option parsing): Unknown command line argument '-arm-add-build-attributes'.  Try: 'clang (LLVM option parsing) -help'
clang (LLVM option parsing): Did you mean '-force-attribute'?
*** [cloudabi32_vdso.o] Error code 1

https://ci.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD-head-armv7-build/460/consoleText
(armv6 is similar)

--- all_subdir_lib/clang/libllvm ---
===> lib/clang/libllvm (all)
[Creating objdir /usr/obj/usr/src/arm.armv7/tmp/obj-tools/lib/clang/libllvm...]
make[4]: "/usr/src/lib/clang/libllvm/Makefile" line 16: Please enable at least one of: MK_LLVM_TARGET_AARCH64, MK_LLVM_TARGET_ARM, MK_LLVM_TARGET_MIPS, MK_LLVM_TARGET_POWERPC, MK_LLVM_TARGET_SPARC, or MK_LLVM_TARGET_X86
*** [all_subdir_lib/clang/libllvm] Error code 1

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went